Transforming School Reading Cultures
The Transforming School Reading Cultures programme consists of 5 research-based professional development sessions aimed at primary English/Reading Leads. The sessions will take you through pedagogical theory and best practice surrounding reading for pleasure. They will provide opportunities to gain knowledge of the subject alongside the confidence to manage, drive and sustain meaningful change in your own school.
The five sessions are free of charge, but to be eligible, schools need to have robust phonics approach embedded (with strong screener outcomes) and must commit to attending all of the sessions.
- Understand the research underpinning RfP practice and pedagogy
- Widen knowledge of children’s literature
- Transform whole school reading culture in your school
- Develop the leadership skills to initiate and sustain change
- Become advocates for RfP and share experiences and best practice